Joint Hearing of the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs of the U.S. Senate and the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs of the U.S. House of Representatives at 1:00 p.m. CDT.
FC: Markup of H.R. 23, H.R. 466, H.R. 1088, H.R. 1089, and H.R. 1170
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs | Room 334 Cannon House Office Building Washington, DC 20515 | May 6, 2009 10:15am
Committee on Veterans’ Affairs
Full Committee Markup
May 6, 2009
10:15 a.m., 334 Cannon House Office Building
- H.R. 23 - To amend title 38, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to establish the Merchant Mariner Equity Compensation Fund to provide benefits to certain individuals who served in the United States merchant marine (including the Army Transport Service and the Naval Transport Service) during World War II.
- H.R. 466 - To amend title 38, United States Code, to prohibit discrimination and acts of reprisal against persons who receive treatment for illnesses, injuries, and disabilities incurred in or aggravated by service in the uniformed services.
- H.R. 1088 - To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for a one-year period for the training of new disabled veterans' outreach program specialists and local veterans' employment representatives by National Veterans' Employment and Training Services Institute.
- H.R. 1089, as amended - To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for the enforcement through the Office of Special Counsel of the employment and unemployment rights of veterans and members of the Armed Forces employed by Federal executive agencies, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1170 - To amend chapter 21 of title 38, United States Code, to establish a grant program to encourage the development of new assistive technologies for specially adapted housing.