Sign up to receive email updates
Summer and Fall Internship Opportunity
The Majority Staff of the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, seeks undergraduate and graduate Interns for the summer and fall of 2013. Successful candidates must be energetic, hard-working, flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, computer-literate and professional. Daily tasks include, but are not limited to: administrative duties, answering phones, processing mail, conducting research on Committee related topics, and attending meetings/hearings as needed. Strong oral and written communication skills are highly valued. ROTC participants, veterans, and students of military colleges and universities are strongly encouraged to apply. Internships with the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs are unpaid, but present the opportunity for participants to l gain valuable Hill and office experience . The Committee is willing to work with colleges and universities so that students may obtain academic credit for their internships. Please send your, resume, and completed application, including essay, found on our website, http://veterans.house.gov/internship-opportunities to Jessica Eggimann at (email@example.com).
Position description below:
REPORTS TO: Intern Coordinator/Supervisor
- to assist in performing research, processing the mail, data entry, reception duties and other office errands.
- good oral and written communication skills;
- ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others;
- good organizational skills; and
- responsible, dependable and willing to learn.
- performs research (CRS, the Library of Congress, MIN, or other available resources);
- sorts and distributes mail;
- attends committee meetings, intern conferences, and seminars;
- performs data entry, which involves logging in letters and constituent requests, including names and addresses of constituents and other stakeholders;
- answers the telephones;
- notes constituent opinions, including their full names, addresses, and all relevant information;
- greets visitors and signs for deliveries; and
- performs other duties as assigned by the Intern Supervisor.